- Open to: children and adolescents
- Calendar: from September to June
- Application: from 1 June to 1 September
- Fees: variable based on the ISEE, see Application Fees button
- Notes: in case of openings in the class, it is possible to apply during the course of the year
The goal of the course is to help students acquire the technical knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate playing solo, in small, medium or large ensembles, not only expressing themselves in a personal musical language but also aware of the stylistic and formal aspects relative to Jazz music.
Students will study the repertoire most representative of the instrument and the different performance practices, with the acquisition of specific skills in organizational, compositional and analytical models of music.
This course proposes to stimulate the students to acquire and develop the instrumental technique, reaching an appreciable development of skills and abilities like sight reading, improvisation and the capacity to face different genres and styles through exercises, etudes, transcriptions and analyses of guitar repertoire in Jazz and other genres.