Scuola di Musica di Fiesole welcomes incoming students, teachers and staff.
Deadline for incoming students: 1st September
Requirements for the application
• Erasmus Application Form with photo
• Learning agreement in draft
• Curriculum vitae
• A recording is required for performers (cd/dvd or link, min. 15 minutes); composers are requested to send min. 2 scores
Note: you can send your application in paper form (with dvd or cd) or by email; links to recording are welcome.
Teachers and staff
Projects regarding STA incoming must be sent to the Coordinator for International relations: a cv and a Teaching Program is required.
Scuola di Musica di Fiesole adopts the following organization of the academic year:
Beginning on 1st November
End on 30th June; Exams until 5th July
All information about the school, staff, lessons and courses are listed in the website.
Study plans for "Triennio ordinamentale di 1° livello” EQF 6 - 1st cycle (equivalent to a Bachelor Degree) are listed here.
Link Study Plan Bachelor
All lessons and courses are given in Italian. Although most of our teachers speak English or other languages, you must have at least an appropriate knowledge of the Italian language: the recommended language level is B1. We can offer Italian Language Courses on request at Centro Linguistico di Ateneo (CLA), which has an agreement with the school.
Scuola di Musica di Fiesole will guide mobile participants in finding accommodation, according to the requirements of the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education. For preliminary information please visit the page Accommodation LINK Accomodation
How to arrive to Scuola di Musica di Fiesole
1. Exit the Santa Maria Novella train station to your left (with the tracks behind you). The Ataf bus stops are located in Piazza Adua. Take bus n. 1, 6, 11, 14, 17 or 23 to Piazza San Marco. In nearby Via della Dogana bus n. 7 departs every 20 minutes for Fiesole, from 7am to midnight. From the San Domenico stop, walk down Via delle Fontanelle until you reach the School.
2. From Florence Campo di Marte station take bus n. 19 to Piazza San Marco, then follow the directions above (1.).
3. From Rifredi station take bus n. 28 to Santa Maria Novella train station, then follow the directions above (1.).
Bus tickets are available at bars, tobacconists and newsagents.
From Santa Maria Novella Station, the taxi stand is located right outside of the left exit. From Florence Campo di Marte station call a taxi (055/4242 055/4798 055/4390 or cell 334/6622550).
From Motorway A1, there are several Florence exits from which to reach us:
1. From the South - Exit Firenze Sud, continue on the ring road - via M. Polo-keeping to the left lane until the traffic light. Turn left onto Lungarno Aldo Moro and follow the signs for Stadio / Fiesole.
2. From the North - Exit Firenze Nord, follow the ring road towards "Centro", then follow the signs Stadio / Fiesole.
3. Barberino del Mugello Exit, go toward San Piero a Sieve and follow for: Borgo San Lorenzo, Polcanto (Via Faentina), Vetta alle Croci, Fiesole.
The Florence "Amerigo Vespucci" airport is about 5 km from the city center and can be reached by a Sita / ATAF shuttle called "Vola in bus" that connects the airport to the train station S. Maria Novella, and vice versa. Tickets are purchased on board (5 euros), at newsagents and at ATAF ticket desks. Once you reach the station, follow information on taking the bus from the S. Maria Novella station (above). Time approx. 30 minutes (plus time on city bus, up to an hour).
The Pisa "Galileo Galilei" airport is about 80 km away and is linked to Florence by train (every hour) and by Terravision shuttle bus to the Santa Maria Novella Station. Once you reach the station, follow information on taking the bus from the S. Maria Novella station (above).
ATAF /Li-nea bus: http://www.ataf.net/it/ataf.aspx?idC=2&LN=it-IT
Trenitalia : http://www.trenitalia.com/
Aeroporto di Firenze: http://www.aeroporto.firenze.it
Address for applications
Fondazione Scuola di Musica di Fiesole Onlus
Via delle Fontanelle, 24 50014 San Domenico di Fiesole (FI), Italy
tel.+39 055 5978566 (h 10-14 15-18)
fax.+39 055 599686