- Intended audience: adolescents and young musicians
- Calendar: from september to june
- Application: from 1 june to 1 september
- Fees: variable based on the ISEE, see Quote button
- Notes: in case of openings in the class, it is possible to apply during the course of the year
The classes in composition offers students an educational pathway made to provide theoretical and technical competences in:
- Develop the ability to analyze classical repertoire;
- Acquire the compositional instruments to create songs in the style of various historic periods;
- Develop a knowledge of the personal creative process, in order to realize one’s own compositions.
The course anticipates an in-depth education in harmony and counterpoint, a solid knowledge of traditional orchestration and a constant look given to the basic musical forms within the repertoire, both in individual lessons and in group encounters.
The progressive incrementing of skills permits the student to, particularly, gradually acquire the compositional technique and its various forms, comprehensive of the methodologies of arrangement and of transcription, through electronic music and for images, with particular attention given to the codification of written symbols and to musical graphics used in software.
The educational path pursues the goal of allowing the students to complete specific formative modules, constituted by the basic, medium and advanced levels. Each of these levels prescribes, in addition to the instrumental individual lessons, the attendance in relative complementary courses, and concludes with a certification exam.
The School considers students’ production of new works, intended to be performed in public at organized events, to be an integral part of the educational course. Particularly, the Premio Veretti, an annual concerto competition which engages the students and rewards the most interesting compositional projects through the promotion of the awarded works and the entrustment of new commissioned compositions to those who most merit the accolade.